Wednesday, April 27, 2011

To God be the Glory

When we were children, my sisters and I would frequently find ourselves playing "wedding" or "house," as many girls do.  We would act out cooking dinner, going to the grocery store, and cleaning house.  At night, we often stayed up late whispering to each other our plans for a dream wedding and the decorations for our dream house.  I watched "Leave it to Beaver" and "Father Knows Best" and dreamed of the day when I would wear pearls while doing housework or have dinner waiting for my hardworking husband when he came home.  I couldn't wait for the day when all those dreams would come true.  They did come true.  On May 8, 2010, I walked down the aisle of my church in my beautiful white dress and married the man of my dreams.  In eleven days, prince charming and I will celebrate our first anniversary.

It is hard to believe that almost a year has gone by since we said, "I do," but it has.  And it has been the best year ever! I must say though, taking care of a husband and house is a lot harder than June Cleaver makes it out to be!  My poor husband has had to endure more than his share of inedible meals and household disasters.  He's a trooper though :)

Challenging as it may be, I love taking care of my husband and my home.  I am still learning and will probably always be learning.  The goal of this blog is to share with our family and friends what is going on in the Lippincott household.  I hope to include recipes we love as well as tips and tricks I have found that help make our house a home.  My desire in it all is to bring glory to God by doing the best I can with the responsibilities He has given me as a wife and homemaker. 

No comments:

Post a Comment