Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Birthday Celebrations

We had a super fun time here last weekend.  This past Thursday was Lester's 25th birthday, and we celebrated in style!

On Thursday night, we had my family and his sister's over for pizza and brownies.  We all had a great time, and Lester loved opening his presents.  He told me that I was the best wife in the world and it was the best birthday he ever had.  Little did he know that there was still more birthday fun planned for Friday night. :)

Then...Surprise!

Lester came home from work Friday night to a house full of guests waiting to celebrate his birthday with him.  We have such wonderful friends, and I am so thankful to everyone who helped to make this a special birthday for Lester.  We ate way too much junk food, stayed up way too late, but also had way too much fun!

Last year, I made a soccer ball cake for Lester's birthday, since he is a big soccer fan.  It was my first attempt at decorating a cake, and I was pretty proud of the results!  I wish I had a picture to show you, but you know me and taking pictures! :P

I decided to try my hand at decorating again this year.  Only this time, I went with a Super Mario theme.  Since actually creating Mario was out of the question, I made a "1 up" mushroom cake and little mushroom cupcakes.  Let me tell you, I bit off more than I could chew with this idea.  The cake almost destroyed me.  But, in the end, the it all looked pretty awesome and tasted great.  Most importantly, Lester had "the best birthday ever." 

That's really all that matters. :)

Here are a few pics of the cake and cupcakes.  I decided to post them here as a memory.  Next year, I'm calling up Publix for a cake. :)





1 comment:

  1. the cake and cupcakes are awesome! Wish I could've been there to see his reaction :)

    ReplyDelete