Monday, January 30, 2012

Munchkin Update: 18 weeks

Munchkin.  That's what we call our sweet baby.  I refuse to say "it"; but, since we don't know if Munchkin is a boy or a girl yet, we agreed Munchkin was a good nickname for our miniature Lippincott.

I can't believe I am almost at the halfway point of this pregnancy.  Where has the time gone??
I still have a hard time remembering I'm pregnant sometimes.  I think this is mostly due to:
1.  I was very blessed never to experience morning sickness
2.  It's taking a lot longer for me and others to be able to tell that I am pregnant than I thought it would.

Not that either of those are bad things!  I am very thankful that I was never very sick and that I haven't had to buy any new clothes yet.  It just doesn't seem very real yet.  I'm almost afraid I will wake up and find that it has all been a dream.

The first glimmer of reality occured recently.  I am almost 100% certain that I felt Munchkin move for the first time this weekend.  Saturday evening we were sitting on the couch watching tv when I first felt those tiny movements.  Then Sunday afternoon at church, while the orchestra was playing "I Sing the Mighty Power of God," I felt them again.  That was an awesome moment for me.  I have been praising God ever since for His wonderful creation!

Next Tuesday we go in for our second ultrasound and will find out if we are having a boy or a girl.  We are very excited!  We have a few names we like either way, but this will definitely help narrow down the search.  Don't expect to hear the results right away though.  I won't be posting them until after Saturday night.  That will be the first time we are able to get with my family to share the news.  I kinda think they deserve to know before the rest of the world ;)
Any guesses?  I don't have a gut feeling either way and really don't care!  I just can't wait to see how our baby is doing!

Munchkin and (a very tired) Mommy at 18 weeks

No comments:

Post a Comment