Monday, February 27, 2012

Munchkin Update: 22 weeks!

Wow...it has been about a month since my last post.  I'm not sure how that happened.  Maybe it was a combination of time moving so quickly and my own general blogging laziness.

I am incredibly excited to share (for those of you who don't already know) that we are having a girl!

Lester and I are both over the moon with happiness and anticipation!  The anatomy ultrasound was the most amazing thing we have ever experienced.  We stopped by Starbucks for breakfast on the way to the ultrasound, and I think all the sugar and caffeine I consumed got little Munchkin super hyped up.  She never stopped moving and showing off for us.  Occasionally, I would tear my eyes away from the screen to catch a glimpse of Lester's face.  It thrilled me to see the look of awe and wonder in his eyes as he watched his baby girl.  He is very much in love with Munchkin already and, I know, will be the world's best daddy to her.

Munchkin seems to be growing by leaps and bounds lately.  I know this because 1) I am growing larger and larger every day, and 2) Her movements are becoming stronger and more noticeable every day.  She is a non-stop mover.  I call her my hyper, crazy baby.  If that is any indication of what she will be like once she arrives, then I know she will fit in to our family quite splendidly!

I am having a fun time making plans for her nursery.  In just over a month Lester will be done with busy season and we can officially start the decorating process.  I can't wait to share what it looks like with all of you!

Here are some pictures of growing Munchkin.  Only about 18 more weeks until we can meet her! 

No comments:

Post a Comment