Tuesday, February 28, 2012

My Favorite Chocolate Chip Cookie

9:00 PM (last night) - I realized I was hungry.  I wanted something sweet, but all we had was ice cream.  Normally ice cream would satisfy my sweet tooth just fine; I just wasn't really feeling it last night. 
9:30 PM - Lester arrived home from work. I informed him that I wanted some chocolate chip cookies, but that we were out of chocolate chips (a slightly necessary ingredient). 
9:35 PM - Being the awesome husband that he is, Lester took me to the grocery store to buy those blessed chocolate chips. 
10:20 PM  - Cookies come out of the oven and I devour two while watching tv with my man.  He really is a saint.  An hour after getting home from work he finally got to relax.  Secretly, I think he was ok with it.  He wanted those cookies as much as I did.

Here's the recipe for the Original NESTLE Toll House Chocolate Chip Cookies.  These are the cookies my mom always made for us growing up.  I realize that everyone has their favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe: theirs is the fluffiest, the gooey-est. the chocolatiest.  I'm happy for you.  Keep right on making them!  But, in my mind, no chocolate chip cookie compares with this one.  This recipe brings back fond memories of special family game and movie nights, of working with my mom in the kitchen, and of first learning how to bake.  I can't wait to pass this recipe on and make special memories with my own daughter someday.

Original NESTLE Toll House Chocolate Chip Cookies
  • 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour

  • 1 teaspoon baking soda   

  • 1 teaspoon salt

  • 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened

  • 3/4 cup granulated sugar

  • 3/4 cup packed brown sugar

  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract

  • 2 large eggs

  • 2 cups (12-oz. pkg.) chocolate chips

  • 1 cup chopped nuts, optional (personally, I would never destroy a cookie in such a way)


  • PREHEAT oven to 375° F.

    COMBINE flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl. Beat butter and sugars in a large bowl until light and fluffy.  Add vanilla and beat well.  Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts .  Drop by rounded tablespoons onto ungreased baking sheets.

    BAKE for 9 to 11 minutes or until golden brown. Cool.  Devour.  Smile. 

    No comments:

    Post a Comment