Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Happy New Year!

I know what you're thinking and I also know that today is May 10th, not January 1st.  But, what you may or may not know is that we just celebrated our first wedding anniversary! :)  I also graduated from Bob Jones University with a Master of Science Degree in Biblical Counseling.  Throw Mother's Day in the mix, and we had an incredibly busy weekend!  Now that life is somewhat back to normal, I have had the opportunity to look back on the past year and recount God's many, many blessings to us.

First of all, I am so thankful for the husband God has given to me.  Lester is wonderful :)  I won't get all mushy on you, so you can keep reading.  In all seriousness, I am thankful for his Godly walk and his desire that our relationship together is one that grows in Christ-likeness and glorifies God.  Every day he demonstrates a hardworking attitude, a servant spirit, kind speech, and a joyful heart.  These are all areas I definitely need work in, so I am very thankful that God put Lester in my life to push me toward growth in these areas.

I am also thankful for the opportunity I had to attend graduate school.  The Bible and Counseling classes that I had to take for my degree were excellent.  I had the privilege of sitting under wonderful professors with vast knowledge of their field.  The best part, though, was sitting under daily teaching of the Scriptures.  I have grown so much in my knowledge of God, of His Word, and of myself and my desperate need for Him.  I am so thankful for all that the Lord has been teaching me.  Though constantly and increasingly aware of my sinfulness, I am thankful for the hope I have in Christ - the promise that He is sanctifying me, and the knowledge that someday I will be glorified and spend eternity with Him.

There are so many other things I could write about.  Suffice it to say, my own personal "thank you" list of blessings is getting incredibly long.  God is so good - all the time!  As wonderful as it has been to look back, I am excited that I get to look forward to a new year.  God is continuing to work in our hearts and lives.  We are thrilled to see what He is doing and will do.  Our prayer is that we will keep Christ at the center of our lives, both individually and as a couple, that we may glorify Him in all that we say and do.         

No comments:

Post a Comment