Wednesday, May 25, 2011

The Mexican Hot Chocolate Cookie Story

I made cookies.
I don't get to make desserts very often because:
1) there are only two of us, and it would take us about 5,000 years to finish off a cake or pie or something by ourselves. 
2) Lester doesn't usually eat desserts anyway. 

So, we just don't eat dessert here.  There are a few exceptions though.  I LOVE ice cream.  Love. Love. Love it.  And, I have a weakness for McDonald's hot fudge sundaes and Chick-fil-a's milkshakes.  Sometimes we'll grab one if we're out, or Lester will surprise me and bring one home after working late.  Lester's weaknesses are chocolate chip cookies and brownies.  When I do make chocolate chip cookies, I only bake what we will eat that night and freeze the leftover dough for the next time.  They last a lot longer that way. ;)

I will take any opportunity I can to make dessert though.  I have a really big sweet tooth and would eat dessert every night if I could.  In that sense, I am very thankful for Lester not wanting dessert too often.  He saves me all those extra calories :)

We're getting together with friends tonight which gave me an excuse to try a new dessert.  I found a cookie recipe that sounded delicious, so I thought I'd give it a try.  They were really easy to make, and smelled good when I took them out of the oven.  I couldn't wait to try one to see how they turned out!  I ate one and wasn't sure how I felt, so I ate another. 

I've come to the conclusion that I don't like them.  They were Mexican Hot Chocolate Cookies.  I love Hot Chocolate.  I love Mexican Hot Chocolate.  I love cookies.  These should have been good, but they weren't.  To be honest, they were slightly dry and mostly tasteless.  How a chocolate cookie can be tasteless I really don't know, but these were.  I won't be posting the recipe here.  Sorry :(

Why am I going on about cookies that didn't turn out?  Why get you all excited about a new cookie recipe only to be told that you won't be getting one?

Because, that's life.  At least for me it is.  I'm sure if I was Paula Deen or Ina Garten this wouldn't be a problem, but I'm not.  I'm Sarah and sometimes I make cookies that just don't taste good.  It's all part of my adventures in becoming domestic. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment