Friday, March 2, 2012

Strawberries 'n Cream Scones


A couple of weeks ago I tried these amazing Lemon Blueberry Scones.  A friend from church brought them to our Ladies Bible Study, and everyone who ate one simply raved over them.  They were just that good!  Normally I shy away from scones; they tend to be dry, crumbly, and mostly tasteless.  I took one look at these, though, and knew I had to have one.  They looked moist and almost cake-like in texture and they were!  Another friend made the same scones for Sunday School breakfast the following Sunday.  Seriously, these scones were so good, we both agreed we had to have them again and soon!  I haven't been able to get them out of my mind since then.  I needed to try my hand at making them myself.

The friend who introduced us to these amazing scones shared that by simply using the base recipe, you can create many different flavor combinations with the same delicious results.  I have been on the hunt since then for a scone flavor that struck my fancy. 

I noticed the other day that I had a bunch of strawberries in my refrigerator that were going to need to be used up pretty soon and I had an idea - Strawberry Scones!  Well, lo and behold, as I was perusing Pinterest later that evening I came across this recipe for Strawberries 'n Cream Scones.  The base recipe here was the same as the base for the Lemon Blueberry Scones, so I knew that these were the scones I was going to make. 

This morning I got to work baking, and the scones came out of the oven just in time for lunch.  Being the rebel that I am, (and considering the fact that we currently have no food in the house because I am lazy and haven't been to the grocery store) I made myself a cup of hot chocolate and ate one of these delicious scones for lunch. 

With chunks of strawberries, strawberry preserves, and a sweet lemon glaze, these scones hit the spot!  Who needs to go all the way to Starbucks or Panera when you can make your own pastries and hot chocolate in your own home and have them turn out just as good?!  Ummm...maybe I still do.  I'm kind of a Starbucks addict. 

Make these sometime for a special breakfast treat or your next coffee break with friends.  They won't disappoint!

Since there are a few steps to this scone making process, I am just going to refer you to the original recipe.  It really is fast and easy to make, even though it looks time consuming.  Strawberries 'n Cream Scones

For your enjoyment, here are a few pictures of my kitchen once I put the scones in the oven.  The world's messiest cook lives in my house. 

No comments:

Post a Comment