Saturday, October 1, 2011

Strawberry Shortcake Pancakes

Ok, I needed to post this recipe today - right now - before I forget.  Not that I plan on forgetting.  These pancakes are just too good! We had them this morning for breakfast and Lester has already requested that I make them again tomorrow morning.  And, that's a pretty big deal since Sundays are Starbucks days.  Always have been and always will be.  Except for tomorrow, obviously.  :)

These pancakes are fabulous! (By the way, I've noticed that I use that adjective somewhat frequently.  I hereby make a promise to use a Thesaurus and expand my vocabulary.  Thank you.)
The recipe comes from Katie at Chocolate Covered Katie.  Katie is a vegan, dedicated to creating healthy foods that taste phenomenal.  I just discovered her blog this past week on Pinterest.  (We've talked about this already haven't we?  About how much I am addicted to Pinterest?  And how I spend way too much time on there?  But look at the wonderful things that come from my addiction!  Strawberry Shortcake Pancakes!)

Back on topic now - Katie definitely delivers on her promise.  Of course, this is the first recipe I have tried of hers; but, as good as these pancakes were, I am sure she will not disappoint in her other recipes.  Now, obviously, Lester and I are not vegan, so I do not have a problem with using regular milk instead of non-dairy as the recipe calls for.  But, that is really the only thing I changed about the recipe.  It is delicious in its own right!  I will share with you the recipe as I made it, but visit Katie's website to see the original and check out the rest of her yummy looking food!


Strawberry Shortcake Pancakes
makes 2 serving (3 pancakes each)
  • 1 cup chopped strawberries
  • 2/3 cup all purpose flour
  • 4 T rolled oats
  • 1 1/3 tsp baking powder
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
  • 2 T sugar
  • 2/3 cup milk
  • 1 T vegetable oil
  • 1/4 cup chocolate chips (Not called for in the original recipe...but I can't leave well enough alone.  I love chocolate chips in my pancakes!) :)
Combine dry ingredients.  Add wet and mix until just combined, but do not over mix.
Grease a skillet or griddle and heat to medium-low.
Pour batter onto greased skillet using a 1/4 measuring cup.  (This will make sure the pancakes are all roughly the same size and that you get six.)
At this point I will just say cook until done, flipping once.  And good luck with that.  I can't flip pancakes.  The first batch always falls apart.  Is there some secret I don't know about??

Why don't you try them for breakfast sometime?  How about this morning?  There is still plenty of time left.  Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, thanks for the tip Megan! I'll have to see how it goes next time :)

    ReplyDelete